Aug 23, 2016

Lotsa Layers

Being home has been amazing.  I looove seeing my family and friends.  The other day was sooo awesome.  I went for a drive, lookin for a mountain I thought I could climb...found one, pulled over and did just that.  No I was not mauled by a bear though I did get flogged by a flock of grouse.  I made it to the top and back down without killing myself.  It was soooo perfect being up there on the top though.  It was so quiet.  It was so peaceful.  It was so real.  Must make it a point to do that more often.

Look at this MOOSE!!!  We saw it the other night on our way out to the chuckwagon.  He was right along side of the road, just doing his thing. Ginormous and ohhh so powerful!


I am doing GOOD!  I have been doing a lot of soul searching.  It has been really enlightening to pull back the layers and decide who I really am.  Some aspects, not so great.  In fact some are downright horrible.  But I believe, like lasagna, all of these components of life are what make us who we are.  Ha!  Don't you love my metaphor there?  I thought of it as I was making our dinner tonight.  Lasagna without being all together is just some meat and cheese and noodles.  But crafted into layers you get the perfect bite each time.  Even though I have just begun this process of finding myself I am trying to keep in mind that the best lasagna has a lot of layers.  I am also learning that I am in control of my thoughts and I am usually my own worst enemy because I let my thoughts run amok.  

So, I am trying to find ways to take control over my thoughts.  I just signed up for some writing workshops.  I am soooo excited and hope to get the novel finished soon.  I hope to find a person that can help me figure out how to end it and wrap it all up in a nice little bow, then start the process of finding someone to get it into print. AGH!  Scary!  


Got to go to the Bar J Chuckwagon the other night.  It was sooo much fun!!  The food was pretty amazing and it so happens I got sat next to a hawt cowboy.  LOL  He was from Tennessee!!  He now lives in Arkansas and was helping a friend out with some mules up the Gros Ventre.  However he also told me he was stationed at Fort Campbell for a bit.  WOW!!  What are the chances of that???  Hahahaha-  It was a fun night, he was very nice and of course the show was perfect!!  Definitely a great memory made there.  It was so much fun to see the old timers and of course good to laugh!  For those of you that don't know, Bar J Wranglers are western comedian singers that perform at a dinner theater here in town (well outside of town).   They serve this amazing chuck style meal and then they joke and sing afterwards.  If you are ever here, you should really check em out.

Phenomenal talent

Babe Humphrey, founded Bar J Wranglers almost 40 years ago.
We have done our share of the tourist things while here too.  Of course being under the antler arches is a must when you come.  :)  


Hoping that we get some rain here soon.  More fires are starting and the smoke is insane.  It is so dry.

Photobucket

No comments: