Jun 1, 2016

2016 Reading Challenge

Can you believe it we are seriously almost half way through this year??  OMISTARS 2016 is goin CrAzY!!!!  Have you been doing your reading???  I have so dang many books in the process that I don't know which end is up.  I love to read though.  



As recommended by a friend, I just finished The Drawing of Three, the 2nd book in Stephen King's The Dark Tower Series.  I was finally able to get through this when I downloaded it as an audio.  I gotta admit reading the actual book was soooo hard, the first book was even more difficult.   I was able to really get interested in the characters in this second book and I truly love who they are becoming but I am not sure if I will go on to read the rest of the books in the series or not.   Maybe some day I will pick them up again...for now though --I think I will let this one rest.


I have been reading My Journey With Maya, by Tavis Smiley.  Maya Angelou has to be one of the most beautiful people to ever existed in my personal opinion.  I absolutely adore her outlook on life.  Every single encounter that you read of is nothing more than beautiful and awe striking.  There are so many things in my life that I am not proud of.  I have done and said some horrible things to people.  Some I regret, some not so much.  However as I grow, I try desperately to show love.  To encourage others to believe in themselves and to be the very best that they can be. One of her quotes that I just adore is Try to be a rainbow in someone else's cloud.  I absolutely LOVE this.  We ALL have battles that we are fighting.  We ALL have things that we are going through.  Maybe our smile or our "Good Job" can make all the difference in the world to someone else.  Rainbows and Clouds are always going to be a part of life.  Wouldn't it be great if we were all a little more rainbowy rather than cloudy?

I have read countless E-Books lately too.  I am also reading two other paper back books but I will save those to share with you another day.  How are YOU doing on your reading lists?  I hope you are reading some!






Photobucket

No comments: