Apr 6, 2016

Firsts and Lasts

You know I have been so excited about my future.  I have been thinking about the new places, the new adventures.  However, a couple of weeks ago, as I was on my way back into town after doing some work for a client in Fayetteville.  I was quickly reminded of the the beauty that we already have.  As I came up over the hill and started down into Nashville, the skyline took my breath away.  I have spent more than half my life in and out of Tennessee.  On May 15, 1993 I pulled in to Nashville with stars in my eyes.  No, I didn't ever once wish to be one of the celebrities.  I just had the desire to meet them and mingle with them.  


I had so many firsts here.  Before the Batman building was here, long before the conference center was built, before the stadiums were packed with fans, back when 2nd Avenue was just starting to rebuild, before all of the big things, I was star struck.  I saw my first prostitute here.  I know, not a big deal to most, but since it is a bit chilly in Jackson, ya just didn't see them on the corners there.  I saw my first concert, I went to the CMA's, I met star after star.  I even worked for Barbara Mandrell Country.  I met song writers, I met stars, I met those that wanted to be and those that could never be.  I knew Faith before she and Tim McGraw were a thing. I spent summers on Old Hickory Lake at the Yacht club, playing in the water and fishing while my father in-law's boat was docked next to Eddie Arnold's.  I visited Opryland when it was theme park and not a mall.  I was blessed with meeting Baxter Black in person and sharing countless meals with him.  He has many friends in Jackson, so it was always nice to reminisce about that area.  Harland Howard, Ronnie Rogers, and Ed Bruce are just a few of the countless people I got to see.  There are far too many that I couldn't even possibly begin to name, but the memories are forever etched in my heart.  I have lived a charmed life.  I was lucky enough to come to Tennessee to live exactly the life I wanted to.  I thank my husband and his family for that.  

This past weekend Hannah and I went to Elliston Place Soda Fountain.  It was fun to sit at the bar and watch them make the treats.


It looks like we will spend another summer here in the Tennessee Valley, I am really actually very excited.  I hope to be able to take in the beauty both in the city and all around us.  Maybe we can go take in some ball games, a concert or hockey game?  Who knows--but you can bet we will have some fun!  

Mojo 246.  Simple and fun huh?


Photobucket

No comments: