Oct 8, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that, and a whole lotta IM BACK!

I just loooove this idea!! Wendy inspired me to try it! Hers is a bit different, but I sooooo love the idea!!!! And of course LOVE the dotted swiss cuttlebug!


Thanks for everyone that has checked in on me. I am slowly but surely recovering. My thyroid meds are slowly starting to work I think. Geesh. What a total knock on the butt I have gotten. I feel like I am sleeping my life away. I feel like I am doing all I can just to do what I have to. It hasnt been fun. But I think in the coming weeks I will return to my old self again, and perhaps take on some other stupid and rediculous task that I have no business doing. Arent you excited to hear what it might be??

Now a thought to ponder....

I have been going through the motions lately, but not really thinking about the actuality of my actions. I have gotten the girls to school, I have gotten them to their extra curicular commitments and of course skated by with minimal house work. I have been a good wife, I have fed the pets, I have paid the bills, I have, I have, I have.....or have I? Going through the motions of ones life does NOT mean you are living. It is NOT what God intends for us to do and we know that. At least "I" know better. But how often are we swept up in the living of our lives that we forget what we are living for? My darling friend Lori sent me a forward this morning that spoke of this very thing. Kristen at We Are That Family did a devotion this morning and OH MY GOSH....was she talking to me or what??? The scripture she referred to is:

Romans 12:1-2
"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life--your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life--and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to it's level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you."


If I were to offer my LIFE on a day to day basis would it be worthy? Could I stand here and say I have been the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend? HONESTLY. OK...maybe I have fallen a little short. No, maybe a lot short. Friends, it takes more to live a worthy offering of life than just going through the motions. No one needs to remember this more than myself.

A couple of weekends ago we went to see the movie FIREPROOF, if you havent seen it, I highly recommend it. I was so quick to drag my darling dear there with me because I wanted HIM to see this movie. It was HIM that needed the influence, cause I was, afterall, perfect and all of our issues were HIS fault. How quickly was I reminded, that it works both ways. I had/have fallen so short on my end as well. WOW! When both of you have a breakthrough together, isnt marriage wonderful? I remember that day...I had a certain connection with him. I loved him deeper than I had ever. God was with us and was the center. How quickly we return back to our daily lives and once again going through the motions.

Then on to Sunday Worship this week. Our preacher's main point was God speaks to us personally. How often are we listening to the radio, watching tv or even sitting church, are we quick to think to ourselve's wow--I hope so and so hears that? Oh man, I just know exactly who needs to hear that one! But God speaks to US through US. If God wants so and so to hear it, then I imagine Hes talking to that person now as well. But we need to focus on what is being said to US. I am also guilty of this. I wonder how many key points have I MISSED because I was too busy taking notes for someone else?

So I encourage you to look inside today. Whats going on in there?? Are you being the best you can be or just struggling through to get by?

I have missed you all so much! Thanks for your kind words and prayers!

Be blessed!
Photobucket

3 comments:

reflections:0) said...

I am so glad that all is well... I thought maybe ran away...LOL I hope you feel like yourself soon...:0)


reflections:0)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Becky I love your blog and I love you. Your so fresh and delightful I can't think of anyone more inspirational.

love ya,
Jeanine

Anonymous said...

I love your own take on the card! It's REALLY cute! You did a great job! Thanks for the kind uplifting words. I appreciate it so much. Oh, and great blog!