Jun 26, 2015

Flick Chicks


Have you all seen any really good movies lately?  I love movies.  I have been getting ready for Hannah's literature class by rereading Anne of Green Gables and I cannot tell you how very excited I am to watch the movies as well. There is something about Anne's personality that inspires me to live life more fully.  Enjoy the crisp colors of the season.  Notice the romantic things in each day and flourish my imagination.  Isn't it funny how the older we get, the less our imagination works?  Especially now when we have every gadget and gismo to do the imagining for us.  No longer do we bask in amazement of the world around us.  Most of us are guilty of being plugged in and tuned out.  I know I look forward to my facebook updates, I am a habitual Pinterest stalker and I do enjoy blog hopping when I get a chance.  When it seems I have no brain power at all, then of course a mindless game is always comforting.  Gone are the days that we used to lay back in the grass to make designs out of the clouds.  No longer do we bust out of the house with cameras and sketchbooks and pencils to capture a scene.  It saddens me.  So I am challenging not only you, but myself as well....to go...imagine something romantic.  Go enjoy the world.

So anyways, here is a great set that I just love.  Flick Chicks!!  I love movies and seeing movies with friends makes them even better. Can you just imagine the giggles and noises coming from this row of ladies??  I KNOW these girls are hip.  Especially cause they are obviously at a 3D movie and those things make me want to vomit.  LOL  I guess I am too old to get a thrill from a hand nearly touching my face, but rather get dizzy when a lion sways back and forth as though I am riding on its back. A sensation I am pretty sure I'd rather not experience in animated 3D.




However THIS card is a bit of 3D.  I popped each layer of the card up just a little.  Hard to tell it, but their jewelry has Crystal Effects on them too.  Such a fun image to color. I of course used my colored pencils.

So I got a new camera.  I am really excited about it, especially after I have had so many hokey pokey ones that seem to let me down.  However, this one has a WHOLE book to read on it.  Sadly I haven't graduated from the simple AUTO - POINT and CLICK yet, but I am having a grand time.  I recently have started following some photo challenges.  Something that encourages you to get out and USE your equipment.  This one: THE DAILY POST is really neat and there are some extremely talented people on there.  I love seeing everyone's different perspective on the challenge at hand.

This week the challenge is ROY G. BIV (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet) or in other words, all the colors of the rainbow.  The challenge is to take 7 different photos to represent each color or one photo to represent all.  So I decided to take a photo of something very dear to my heart.  I LOVE my colored pencils.   There will no doubt be a new challenge posted today, but here is MY submission for the ROYGBIV challenge:


There's nothing as refreshing as a freshly sharpened pencil.  Especially one of a bright color.  A simple blank piece of paper can hold a million different things when given to an artist or as Anne says, to anyone whom has not forgotten the path to Fairyland.


If you have not yet had the honor to read these books, I STRONGLY encourage you to do so.  They are fabulous books to read aloud to youngsters, wholesome to give to your young adults and absolutely awakening to read for yourself.  I fell in love with them when I had to read them back in middle school and as I read each sentence again now, I have fallen in love all over again.  I dare you to dream a little.  Find the romance in your paths and open up YOUR imagination.


Go and be blessed!

**EDITED**  So I found out that I think you have to have a WORDPRESS blog to be able to participate in that site's challenges.  Since I don't have one I will probably be finding a few other Blogspot friendly challenges.  I had fun just the same!

Photobucket

No comments: