Nov 14, 2013

Thankful for...

So on Facebook everyone takes the month of November to list the things they are thankful for.  I never participate because I guess I am just a rebel.  For that same reason, my husband and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day.  We don't need someone to tell us how to feel.  However, I am ever so grateful.  In no particular order whatsoever here is a few things of gratitude.

I am thankful for...

God, my salvation.  For Brother Bill Jones that explained it all to me so simply.
My family, not only my children and husband but my parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents...etc.  They make/made me who I am and without each and every single one of them, I'd be missing out.
My friends.  Some who I have known my entire life.  Some are new and some I have lost contact with.  But still, it is them who make my memories.
My creativity.  I love creating art, and things that are enjoyable to look at.
My love for animals.  And currently my cat, FeFe and my fish, Turkey.
My experience as an assistant.  My skills on the computer and bosses/clients that have faith in me to do well.  To invest in my training and broaden who I am both for them, and for my own personal success.
My home.  No of course it is not my dream palace.  But it is our home.  A place where we all can come back to and know we can find peace and comfort.  It is safe and sufficient for us.
My work and my husband's work.  We understand too clearly what it is like without income coming in and we are grateful for where we are now.
My health.  I am not a poster child of perfect health.  I have thyroid issues that make some things difficult, but by no means does it immobilize me and I am grateful for that.
Technology.  Even though it does zap time like magic it also helps us to connect with friends and family that we otherwise would never hear from again.   I love that I have constant contact with anyone I want to.  Making it possible to not only meet people from other countries but also talk with them via video chat or voice chat.
I am grateful for the freedom to homeschool.
For second chances.  I have done a lot of things in my life that are unforgivable.  I have done some really really really stupid things.  But friends and family and God have always given me another chance.
For my hometown of Jackson, WY.  (And over the hill in Teton Valley, ID)  It has changed a huge amount since I lived there.  It was small town USA where everyone was genuine and there was little room for drama.  But it was an experience that MANY kids will never get, including my own.  Not to mention its sheer beauty.
My freedom to drive and go where I want to go, when I want to go.  Even though I have a really really hard time seeing at night.  I have a good car and am able to get into it whenever I get a notion to.  It's paid for and its mine and I was taught at a young age to do it on my own.
Books.  I loooove to read.  As a child I hated it.  As a teen I hated it more, but only as I got into my 30s did I develop a true passion for it.  Now....I hate not having a book (or 2 or 3) going is torture.
For YouTube.  Recently I was given a new MacBookPro.  (THANK YOU MOM!!)  I have not used an Apple since computer class in elementary school.  But the wealth of information from people willing to share on YouTube is endless.
For music.  Having 2 t(w)eens in my house you can bet there is always music playing in one shape or another.  I am grateful that I semi sort of like the music my kids listen to.




Over all I am very very grateful for my life.  But, one thing I absolutely hate about myself is my sense of direction.  I have none.  I HATE this.  I only get around by memory.  Once I stop traveling the same path, my brain disregards it and no longer keeps it on file.  I hate that I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag.  I hate that I have mentally tell myself which way I will need to turn out of a parking lot to return back home.  Anyone who knows me knows I have SEVERE issues with this.  GPS and I fight constantly.  I hate that.







Photobucket

No comments: