Feb 24, 2016

Getting Inky

So I have talked about getting a tattoo for MANY years.  I am so glad I waited because the design that I wanted 20 years ago is definitely not the choice I'd make today.  






I got this one.  It is little, like an inch and a quarter and it is just on the inside of my left wrist.  People say that they are like potato chips and you will want more. I am not so sure I agree with that.  :)  I am kinda ok with just one.  Mind you this one hasn't healed.  Yes I did choose one of the most painful places to put it and yeah...well....


This pic was taken not long after I had it done so you can still see the stencil a little bit.  The pink looks more red than pink and I am pretty sure if you look real close you can see my skin screaming at me and wondering what the heck I am doing!?  The pain....my artist explained it very well.  It is unlike anything you have ever felt, but it is not the worse that you have ever felt.  I so agree!!  Am I signing up for a sleeve?  Heck no.  But was awful and horrible?  No, not that either.

I love it though!  So much fun!  What makes it great --I did it because I wanted to.  I got exactly the image I wanted, because I wanted to.  I didn't have to wait for anyone's permission.  Though I asked many for their opinion of which one I should get, ultimately I got the one I wanted.  It was not a dare.  It was not to prove to anyone that I could.  It was simply because I wanted to!  I loooove this. To me that is exactly what it symbolizes...A cat, who is known for doing things simply because they want to.


Do you have a bucket list?  I have been thinking a lot about this a lot lately.  I have been more than fortunate to do as much traveling as I have done in my life.  I love to travel and I don't think that will EVER go away.  I just watched a video of a girl who had made a life goal list of what she wanted to do.  Everything from running a half marathon to getting married and even traveling to India to volunteer in an orphanage. She, however was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  She fought.  She won.  She was married and life was good.  Until one day she was told her cancer had consumed her.  She died.  Her husband then decided to continue with her life list.  I am not saying this because it is sad (it is) but rather how great it would be to have things that you KNOW you want to do in life.  Things that are a little crazy.  Things that don't match your pocketbook or calendar right now.  Things that seem unthinkable, but also something that tickles your fancy.  Do you have a life list?  I agree with the girl in that video.  I am not a fan of the term BUCKET List as no one wants to kick the bucket.  I do, however want to live life to the fullest.  I love the emails and messages I get from you.  I hope that you'll let me know what your aspirations are.  You all are so shy and don't like to comment here (that's ok, you can message me any which way you want) but tell me what your thoughts and ideas are, I can use the ideas as I build my own list.  :)


Photobucket

No comments: