Jul 15, 2008

YUMM-O!


*In my bestest Rachel Ray voice* YUMM-O! This has to be the sweetest post ever!! Yesterday we went berry picking! We got a ton of Blueberries and 4 pints of Blackberries. The Blueberries went straight to the freezer. They will taste sooo fantastic in muffins, pancakes, cobblers, yadda yadda yadda. And I -- for the first time ever--- made Blackberry Jam. I had one of the jars not seal correctly so I got to Open it and sample it. I cant help it that it took at least 4 whopping spoon fulls for me to get the taste. It is sooooo good and I am sooo uber proud! The berries were in perfect condition and the girls really had a good time. It was the funniest thing, as Heather brought me her bucket of Blueberries. It was T-Tiny. I asked her where her berries were, to which she replied: Ive been eatin! Hmmm...I wonder if they charge you for how many you can stuff into your belly?? I did pay the little man just a little extra to cover our munchies.

It was a perfect day!

But on to a much much more perfect day!! Its Heathers Birthday! 12 years old officially! We are up and running! I hope to share more pics later this afternoon!

5 comments:

Patty Williams said...

OH Yummo indeed! Hot biscuits and homemade jam! yummmmm-O

Happy Birthday Heather! Hope your day is as gorgeous as you are!

mornin'lady said...

Patting your back on a job well done with the berries :) and Happy birthday Heather! Hope you all have an awesome celebration!

Anonymous said...

Yumm!!! Wish I was there to try some! Miss ya'll very much!! Happy Birthday Heather! Love ya!

Your cousin Stacy

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I love Blackberries...We have some grow along one of our fences...down from Daddy's but Im always afraid I'll run across a snake! YUCK!

Anonymous said...

Yumm-o indeed. That blackberry jam must be delicious. There is nothing like fresh-picked berries for home cooking, be it making jams or using the berries in baked goods.